Want to know how you can earn money for the Bach PTO while doing the things you love and do all the time, like shopping for groceries, clothes, gifts, or even going out to eat? Through programs like SCRIP and community rewards here’s how…
1. Earn Money for Bach at Your Grocery Store
These stores will donate a percentage of your purchases to Bach PTO! You pay the regular price for your food and they donate. IT’S THAT EASY!
- Become a MyWay member or login to your account at https://www.buschs.com/myway
- Go to the Community page, Cash for Education
- Link your account to “Bach PTO” for all 4 quarters on your Busch’s My Way online account.
- Use your MyWay number each time you shop.
- A percentage of your grocery purchases will automatically get allocated to Bach PTO.
- Pick up a Kroger Plus Shopper’s Card or create an account if you don’t already have one at https://www.kroger.com/account/enrollCommunityRewardsNow
- Login to your account
- Go the Community Page, Kroger Community rewards
- Link your card to Bach PTO.
- You must re-enroll in the Kroger Community Rewards Program each April.
- Use your Kroger number each time you shop.
- A percentage of your grocery purchases will automatically get allocated to Bach.
- At check-out, simply tell your cashier to credit your purchase to Bach Elementary PTO.
2. Using Amazon Smile
When you shop using Amazon Smile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase amount to support Bach PTO.
Go to www.smile.amazon.com and select “Bach PTO”. You must always access Amazon through the Smile site in order for Bach PTO to receive benefits.
3. Gift cards and Certificates Purchased through the SCRIP Program
How Does SCRIP Work?
You purchase the cards for face value from the PTO; your gift card is worth face value for purchases; and the Bach PTO earns a rebate.
Hundreds of gift cards are available for purchase through SCRIP. Some will even give you the option for e-cards and reloads. Here is a complete list (PDF, updated September 2018).
Gift cards come in 4 forms:
- Physical gift card
- Reload on a physical gift card
- SCRIP Now (Electronic gift card)
- App on your phone. Sign up for this at myscripwallet.com
How to Order Physical Gift Cards
- Email your order to the SCRIP coordinator at email@example.com. You will be required to get payment to the coordinator by check (made out to Bach PTO), cash, or though Venmo @Bach-SCRIP.
- Create your own SCRIP account at shopwithscrip.com.
- Email the SCRIP coordinator for an enrollment code so you can link your account to Bach.
- Your on-line order for physical gift cards will be forwarded to the coordinator for approval. Order confirmation and shipment of these cards will be done monthly.
- You will be required to get payment to the coordinator by check (made out to Bach PTO), cash or though Venmo @Bach-SCRIP.
- You can also sign up for PrestoPay through your account which allows you to pay and ship when you want with your credit card for a small fee.
There are always deals and promotions at the shopwithscrip.com website so check back often.
Like to support our local community? Participating local stores and restaurants include:
- Downtown Home & Garden
- Nicola’s Books
- Learning Express
- Sweetwaters Coffee and Tea
- People’s Food Co-op
- Conor O’neills
- Big George’s – just mention Bach PTO and they will send a donation
Contact the SCRIP coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to order gift cards from local stores.
SCRIP Gift Certificates
Not sure which SCRIP Gift Card to get for your teacher, friend, or loved one? Get them a SCRIP gift certificate and then they get to decide. Contact email@example.com for gift certificate ordering details.